The City of Seattle’s Community Technology Advisory Board Sub-Committee for Privacy is restarting and will meet for the first time next week:
Date: October 3
Time: 6PM – 7:45PM
Location: Seattle Public Library Montlake branch, 2401 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112
The committee’s new co-chairs are working with the city to get access to official communications channels and the CTAB website, but in the meantime, here’s the agenda, courtesy of Christopher Sheats.
(Full disclosure: Christopher is a Seattle Privacy board member, and one of the Co-Chairs of the city’s new committee.)
2. City of Seattle Privacy Principles + Privacy Impact Assessments
3. City of Seattle Race & Social Justice Initiative
4. City of Seattle Municipal Code 3.23: Seattle IT Department
5. City of Seattle Surveillance Ordinance
6. Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act
7. Policy change opportunities for Seattle
8. Goals for by and for next meeting
Please attend if you can.
At Seattle Privacy, we promote engagement of technologists with municipal government to improve policies and policymaking related to privacy.
Working with CTAB is a great way for technical people in Seattle voters to meet other technologists interested in policy issues, meet policy makers, such as Seattle CTO, CPO, and legislators, and have a direct influence on city policy.